Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
I’m a mushroom fan and this is one of the easiest side dishes or garnishes to make with steak or chicken. Sautéed Mushrooms are quick and easy to make.
I made this for a dinner I brought to my father’s house. I bought a pre-marinated steak (sue me!) and smoked it for 3 hours, low and slow. I accompanied the steak with these sautéed mushrooms, sautéed spinach, and mashed potatoes. A tossed green salad, and it was a beautiful meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter (salted)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1lb white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
|In a skillet, melt butter and then add garlic, sliced mushrooms, green onions, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to soften. Add the wine and cook on a medium flame until liquid is mostly dissolved and mushrooms are soft and tender. |