Time for us to start thinking about Thanksgiving. The first thing that comes to mind for me when I think of Thanksgiving is Pumpkin Pie. Yep, even before Turkey, it’s gotta be pumpkin pie. So, if you want a good pumpkin pie, use the recipe found on the back of a can of Libby’s Pure Pumpkin. If you want a recipe that’s better than Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie, try this one. It’s based off of Libby’s with a necessary variation.
If you need a good pie crust recipe, try our Never Fail Pie Crust.
Better than Famous Pumpkin Pie
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour, 5 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 10 minutes|
|By author||Dish Ditty|
- --- teaspoon --- (delete)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 can Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can Carnation Evaporated Milk (12 fl oz)
- 1 Unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shell (4 cup volume)
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (*)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Maker's Mark Whiskey (or whiskey of your choice)
The main difference in this pie is the nutmeg. I'm not sure why Libby's doesn't call for nutmeg but it makes a huge difference in the taste of the pumpkin pie. Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie is the base for this recipe.