Athena’s Greek Salad Recipe
I have the best, most diverse family. This is from our Greek side, my sister-in-law Athena brings us this delicious classic Greek Salad Recipe.
Unfortunately my brother Lou and his family live on the other side of the country, so we don’t get to spend a lot of time with them. This was one of my mom’s favorite recipes that Athena made (she has many more that I hope to add here at some point).
I had to finally get this online so here it is. What a beautiful, crunchy and flavorful salad. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
- 2 Cucumbers (coarsely cubed)
- 2 Whole Tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 1 Onion (small or 1/2 large) (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Greek Olives (Pitting the olives makes a better salad, but traditionally not pitted)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 8oz Feta Cheese (crumbled)
|Combine vinegar, olive oil and oregano in a bowl. Add the chopped vegetables and olives and toss to coat all ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with Feta cheese on the side or toss in the feta just before serving. |
Athena’s Greek Salad