Another one of my Mom’s party recipes that she made all the time. It’s a great alternative to traditional salsa and can be served with chips or as a side dish.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 2 cans Black Beans (14.5 ox, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Yellow Corn (10 oz, drained)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Red Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 cups Fresh Tomatoes (chopped)
|Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to fish, beef, or chicken.|
Some of my best memories growing up are when my parents had parties. I guess I was being trained at an early age how to throw a party and feed a large amount of people.
Growing up the youngest of six, there were plenty of reasons to celebrate. Not only were there birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, but my parents were very involved in the church with parties being thrown for the different groups and organizations they belonged to.
When my mom had a party, she had a couple staple recipes that she went to. Depending on if it was a full on dinner party, or just an afternoon gathering, this Black Bean & Corn Salsa recipe was one she turned to regularly since it was versatile, hearty and a great make-ahead dish.
Some of my mom’s other party essentials were:
- Blue Crab Mousse Recipe
- Cherri’s Smoked Salmon Party Ball
- Cherri’s Dill Dip Recipe
- Cherri’s Baked Fried-Like Chicken Recipe
- Cherri’s Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Cherri’s Pasta Pot Recipe
- Cherri’s Baked Macaroni & Cheese
That’s just a small sampling of my mom’s go-to recipes. I think you’ll find that this one will be added to your list as well. Enjoy!