Looking for a gluten free Crab Cake recipe? Have I got the best one for you. These were not just good, these were… grrrrrreat!”
My Dad is from Baltimore and I was born in the Baltimore area. So, crab cakes are special to us. We are a bit snobbish on how the crab cakes are prepared. There are a few rules that have to be followed for a proper Baltimore crab cake:
- Use Blue Crab! Dungeness crab is good, but nothing beats blue crab in crab cakes
- Use Lump crab, if you can afford it…
- Always add Old Bay, but too much can make it too salty so don’t over do it
- Never ever mash up or shred the crab, keep it lumpy for the best flavor
- Canned crab is fine, get the refrigerated/pasteurized kind. We prefer Phillips or Chicken of the Sea (yes, they make wonderful canned crab)
For a classic Crab Cake recipe, go check out Grandma’s Crab Cakes Recipe. If you want something that is a little less calories (not a lot, just a little) and is gluten free, then this is the crab cake recipe for you.